Lead Quality Engineer
(Novi, Michigan - $80,000 to $90,000)
Primary Job Function:
Assist the Lead Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Team and Quality Manager by leading teams in solving quality related problems/issues/concerns and ensuring released processes and procedures are being followed appropriately.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Analyze complex functions, procedures, processes, and problems in a creative, logical, and cost-effective manner.
2. Lead/work with cross functional teams to develop effective root cause and develop and implement robust preventive and corrective actions. Input and tracking of 8D’s done in SAP (Q1, Q3 Notifications).
3. Analyze and develop actions to keep product and processes in control based on Data (SPC, PPM, Q-Das, FTT, Scrap, etc…).
4. Use data to create various reports for the management team/management review.
5. Host 8D review meetings to review status of issues and associated actions – driving closure of issues in accordance with internal and customer required timing.
6. Assist the Lead Quality Engineer and the Quality Manager by performing the following tasks when assigned: completion of APQP activities; analyzing and improving manufacturing warranty costs incurred by Company; attending change management meetings, simultaneous engineering and build status meetings; ensuring all customer requirements are achieved; communicating requirements to other departments as necessary, updating all customer systems as required in the appropriate timeframe; coordination of engineering changes; developing acceptance criteria; following up and answering customer concerns; data management; drawing review/sign-off.
7. Maintaining a good working relationship with all contacts – customer, internal, and external. The QE role is the quality point of contact for the customer.
8. Set up and lead the execution of studies (Gauge R&R/MSA/etc…).
9. Assist Plant Quality in following processes when assigned: customer returns, scrap, dock audit, complaint management, breakpoint tracking, product audit, CMM measuring, quarantine cage of non-conforming materials, general containment.
10. Assist Plant Quality in the following tasks when assigned: setting up the plant floor systems necessary to ensure a robust launch; initiating, executing, and communicating corrective actions related to production quality issues; managing the status of rejected materials in the facility;
11. Assist with the execution of company initiatives (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, TPM, suggestion program, etc.).
12. Effectively work with corporate teams to satisfy customer requirements.
13. Escalate all issues to the Lead Quality Engineer which may prohibit adherence to these responsibilities.
14. Follow all corporate procedures, processes, work instructions, guidelines, etc.
15. Understand, utilize, develop, implement, maintain, and follow all quality system procedures, processes, work instructions, guidelines, forms, etc.
16. SAP: updating of inspection plans
17. Reviewing service shipments – content, labeling and quality
18. Preparing weekly and monthly scorecards and metrics
19. Participate in quality system audits.
20. Understand the processes used by other departments within the organization and customer.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use disposable items to their intended life span
2. Minimize expenditures through efficient use of manpower, materials, maintenance, and equipment.
3. Have good business sense and be cost conscious.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Business, or technical related experience.
2. Minimum of 5 – 7 years of quality engineering experience.
3. The ability to work independently with diplomacy and persuasion.
4. Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
5. Expertise in automotive industry standards.
6. Strong project management skills.
7. Excellent presentation and facilitation skills through well-developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
8. Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
9. Background in corrective actions (8-D’s, 7 Steps, Drill Deep & Wide, etc.), PPAP, APQP, GD&T, blueprint reading, ISO/TS elements, and SPC.
10. Greenbelt and SAP experience.
11. Quality system auditing experience.
12. Experience with Design of Experiments.
13. The ability to find common ground and resolution.
14. The ability to respond to input and direction from multiple cross functional departments.
Office area and plant floor, minimal travel is required with little or no notice. Fast paces automotive manufacturing team environment.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com